The Conservative Group on Wychavon District Council have launched their ‘People, Place & Prosperity’ campaign ahead of the local elections on Thursday, May 2nd.
Wychavon Conservative Group Leader and Leader of Wychavon District Council, Cllr Bradley Thomas, has pledged the Conservatives will continue their strong track record of keeping council tax low, while investing in the district’s town centres, improving parks and green spaces and ensuring new housing developments are design-led.
Since 2015, Conservative-led Wychavon District Council has delivered a 2-year council tax freeze resulting in the 8th lowest council tax nationally, spent £1.6 million on community projects, tackled 10 fly-tipping hotspots, brought 182 long-term empty homes back into use, delivered a new Waitrose store in Evesham and spent £1.25 million on leisure centre and high street improvements in Droitwich.
The Conservatives have also supported the creation of 3,000 new jobs in the district since 2015, supported the building of 1,066 affordable homes and prevented 713 people from becoming homeless.
If the Conservatives retain control of Wychavon on Thursday, May 2nd they have pledged to:
- Increase the level of cycling and walking by supporting new routes in Evesham and cycling and walking plans in Pershore and Droitwich.
- A further £200,000 towards tackling social mobility across Wychavon.
- Work with partners to reduce crime in the district.
- Invest £200,000 to improve parks, play areas and play equipment.
- Improve urban design of new housing developments through the creation of an Urban Designer post.
- Build small business units for rent to support growing manufacturing businesses.
- Revitalise the district’s town centres by spending £150,000 across Evesham, Pershore and Droitwich to get them fit for the future.
- Support community-led transport options with 3-years of funding
Cllr Bradley Thomas said:
“Conservatives have an outstanding record of delivering locally in a way that strengthens our communities both socially and economically.
“Our campaign will build on that record, shining a light on what we have delivered across Droitwich, Evesham, Pershore and everywhere in between.
“We’ve invested £22.6 million in social and economic projects across the district since 2015 as well as delivered a second consecutive district precept council tax freeze.
“A Conservative-led Wychavon District Council will continue to deliver strong economic growth across our district whilst improving the quality of urban design which will strengthen communities as well as continue to improve the quality of our environment.
“The vulnerable in our communities are high on our priority list with an ongoing commitment to improving social mobility for the most vulnerable children in addition to funding community-led transport over the next three years.”