The Conservative Group on Wychavon District Council have launched their ‘People, Place & Prosperity’ manifesto ahead of the local elections on Thursday, May 2nd.
Our pledges to you:
- Increase the level of cycling and walking by supporting new routes in Evesham and cycling and walking plans in Pershore and Droitwich.
- A further £200,000 towards tackling social mobility across Wychavon.
- Work with partners to reduce crime in the district.
- Invest £200,000 to improve parks, play areas and play equipment.
- Improve urban design of new housing developments through the creation of an Urban Designer post.
- Build small business units for rent to support growing manufacturing businesses.
- Revitalise the district’s town centres by spending £150,000 across Evesham, Pershore and Droitwich to get them fit for the future.
- Support community-led transport options with 3-years of funding
What your local Conservatives have delivered:
- 75% of residents satisfied with Wychavon's record of delivery
- A targeted social mobility plan to improve the life chances of those most vulnerable across our district
- 713 people prevented from becoming homeless
- £1.6 million spent on community projects since 2015
- Best place to live in the West MidlandsTackled 10 fly-tipping hotpots
- 1,066 affordable homes built since 2015
- 182 long-term empty homes brought back into use since 2015
- 43% of all waste recycled across the district
- 8th lowest Council Tax nationally
- £22.6 million invested across Wychavon since 2015
- 3,000 new jobs in the district since 2015
- Delivered a new Waitrose store in Evesham and created 120 jobs
- £1.25 million spent in Droitwich on leisure centre and high street improvements
6 good reasons to vote Conservative:
1. We keep your council tax low
Delivered a two-year council tax freeze resulting in the 8th lowest council tax nationally - just £120.01 for a band-d property.
2. Committed to revitalising town centres
£150K of funding to ensure Evesham, Droitwich and Pershore town centres are fit for the future.
3. Improving designs of new developments
Ensuring future developments become design-led to respect our environment and heritage by the appointment of an Urban Designer.
4. Improving your parks and green open spaces
With a £200K park improvement programme and pollinator strategy we are committed to ensuring Wychavon parks remain award winning.
5. Helping small & growing businesses
We are committed to building small business units to help growing small businesses expand and create jobs.
6. Helping those most in need
With a further £200K pledged towards social mobility and a 3-year community transport fund we will make a difference to those who need it most.